Friday, November 20, 2015

Freeing ME

*Opens bedroom door, flicks on lamp, drops bag and takes off clothes and gets right in the bed (stares at ceiling)*

Scared. Ashamed. Disappointed. Weak. Shallow. Worthless. Broken. Scarred. No. Denied. Whore. Irate. Dog. Teased. Misidentified. Lack. Law. Misdemeanor. Deal. Humiliated. Lies. Minor. Ugly. Bitch. Sex. Liquor. Haunt. Betrayal. Forgotten. Lost. Stupid. Obnoxious.

Thinking that I wanted to be as strong as Maya Angelou was a bit easier said than done. You never know how hard something is going to be until you have to get through it. Dang it, I wish I was as quiet as she was so I won’t have to remember some of the lies and falsified stories about me. More than anything that HAUNTS me most. I have nightmares of what will happen if I thought about opening my mouth again. I know everybody goes through terrible things in their life but having to be strong and have your own back, when you’re not strong enough to defend yourself  has to be the hardest thing known to mankind. I'm pretty sure that's where the power lies. It lies within the tongue you hold and mouth you keep silent. Sometimes speaking too much to defend yourself can cause confusion. I felt like it was better that way since people were already making front of me -they let my mouth rest. I didn't have to do much talking but now I have to tell these strangers...  Yeah, they are there to do the same thing I’m doing, but they are still human and can believe and lie about whatever they want. “UGH!” I hate this tug-a-war with being free and keeping my story safe, it just hurts. I'm tired of hurting. I just want to protect myself.  

*Sigh* I must remember that some good will come out of all of this. I might be flustered now but relief will come. Peace will be there and you have to embrace the pain to get there first. It may be the hardest thing I’ll ever have to do but it’s not impossible. I’m doing this for me and no one else. Me. Me

*tears rolls down the face, & goes to sleep* whispers: God Free Me

#IAMDINAH

No comments:

Post a Comment